Previous Post: Wedding Party Proposal Cards
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! Can you believe it’s already time for schools to start back up?! The return to school after summer vacation is a really big deal for students, teachers, school workers and the parents who are left home alone. To honor this big event, we have created projects with a back to school theme. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I don’t have school-aged kids yet so when I think of back to school I think of my friends that are teachers. They are simply the BEST EVER! I admire everything they do for students and the dedication they have! I felt they deserved the recognition with my back to school card. I was very hesitant to purchase the Alphabest stamp set but it has become one of my most used sets!
Here’s what I did:
- Cut Crushed Curry cardstock to 5.5″ x 4.25″
- Cut Celebrate Everything DSP to 5.25″ x 4″
- Stamped outline block of Alphabest stamp set in alternating colors
- Stamped each letter inside the outline in alternating colors
- Punched out each letter with the Best Label Punch and added a dimensional to each one
- Adhered the letters to the DSP and then adhered the DSP to the card
- Stamped the hippo in Memento Ink and used the die cuts to cut the image. I colored the hippo with Smoky Slate blends.
- Hand drew a pencil for the hippo to hold. Die cut the glasses and colored them Poppy Parade. I added a dimensional to adhere it to the card.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop,
Stampin with the Atchison’s
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jessica Atchison at Stampin with the Atchisons
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin